See earlier posts on topic here.
As the circle is a fractal, every quadrate holds all 4 stages within itself. There are 12 steps through the circle and four guardians of the edge that make sure you’re ready to pass on to the next stage.
- 1. New awareness is the dreaming of the dream phase where the dream comes into being in the self.
- 2. The motivation or the sharing of information is where the dream is put out to others to become others’ dream. It is the planning phase of the dreaming.
- 3. Gathering information is the doing phase of the dreaming and is a phase where feasibility will be checked and considered and planning material will be gathered.
Here, before the project moves into the second stage, the planning, there is a time for reflection. It’s the centre of the circle, a time for reflection, quiet, like the centre of a candle or a storm. It’s the first guardian of the edge, if the project doesn’t work or hasn’t been successful to hear it goes back to the first step.
- 4. Considering alternatives is the time to find different or other helpful options; the dreaming in the planning.
- 5. Designing strategies is the point where the group will look at what needs to be doe and design ways of doing it, an action/implementation plan will be worked out.
- 6. Test and trial is the stage to try out the design and readjust, develop it.
The second guardian comes in to reflect the planning stage.
- 7. The implementation will be started here, first foot in the water, the doing is dreamed into being.
- 8. The management and administration is organised, the location of resources identified, checking incomes and outcomes, tracking time and keeping the deadline in mind.
- 9. Installing monitoring helps to change the doing, readjust, learn from previous experiences.
The third guardian comes in to reflect the doing stage.
- 10. Evaluating outcomes allows us to learn from our processes, and acquire new skills, see where we need to develop to be more effective.
- 11. Personal growth will be the benefits acquired by the individual in the project.
- 12. Inner reflection time is there to find deeper wisdom within the individual and new meaning, further direction to start the cycle again.
The fourth guardian comes in to reflect the celebration stage to move on to the cycle.
This wheel is a model: the menu, not the meal. A model is trying to be close to reality, but is never perfect in that imitation.
You can imagine one project that you’ve done in their lifetime and walk over the 12 steps, evaluating how much effort/time you have put into each one of them on a scale from one to 10; one being little time and 10 being a lot of time. It is easy to draw up a circular diagram from here that shows which stages you seem to prefer. The diagram has circles around the core, the closest being one, the furthest 10.